7.03.2011

Of minim and men


I understand this video is somewhat older as far as internet videos go, but it's so eye-opening and I haven't seen it featured in too many places. I'm sure there are still quite a few people that haven't yet seen it. It saddens me greatly to think of how Israelis who accept the Messiah of Israel are treated in the Land of Israel. I don't post a video like this one to add fuel, but simply to make those aware that may not be. If it isn't something you pray about regularly already, it's helpful to be reminded of this very important issue.

Having said that, I completely understand how discouraging the witnessing of this kind of behavior can be, but we need to remember a few things. Firstly, Yeshua told us to expect persecution, that it would be an honor for us. Secondly, this is the exact environment Shaul came out of. How many more like him are about to emerge? We would do well to remember that those that act hatefully toward us are still G-d's people and He is able to reveal Himself to any number of them according to His will. I know that it's easy to say, but Yeshua commanded us to love one another. Our otherworldly love for our enemies is a powerful weapon against darkness. This may sound strange (or even impossible) at this point in history with everything we see around us - but it's no less true than when He said it. What goes on today is no surprise to Him. We are to demonstrate light and love - His light and love, no matter how we are treated. We are His disciples and emissaries. How can they know love, who don't know the Father? How can they see the Father unless we show Him to them? The type of persecution that is happening in Israel is quickly becoming the primary focus of the Haredim, but we needn't make it our own. Love is still the objective. Compassion and education are absolutely necessary, as well. Pray for the believers who are being persecuted as well as the non-believers who are persecuting. This is a command that will become so much more important (and difficult) as the day grows more and more dark. In some ways, this mark of obedience, will greatly eclipse all others in that day.

"If the world hates you, know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own, but because you are not of the world, for I chose you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember what I told you. A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they have kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know Him who sent me... Whoever hates me hates my Father also." John 15:18-21,23

No comments:

Post a Comment