10.11.2011

5772

It would be an understatement to say that beginnings are important. Looking back at my past successes and failures, it is evident that the systems or plans in place at the beginning of an undertaking usually foretold the outcome. The likelihood that I would miss the mark and fail in an endeavor or achieve my goal was often spelled out at the onset. If only I had paused to perceive the signs and taken the necessary steps, I would've been much more fruitful in times past.

5771 was a tremendous and eye-opening year. I was blessed with a new job, started this blog (which has already seen over 3,000 visitors in just a few months) and I've made some great connections with others in our community. I have been blessed to learn much from so many in a brief amount of time. I've gained many new understandings concerning the things of G-d, as well as been made aware of myriad areas in which I need to improve personally and gain further understanding still. When I consider the things I failed to accomplish this past year, the foundational issues are obvious. Beginnings are so very important. G-d is merciful, though, and I thank Him for continuing to work on, in and through me. What an exciting time!

5772 has had a great beginning so far. I've experienced an enormous benefit from introspection during the Yamim Noraim - unlike any year prior, in fact. G-d has shed His light on the depths within me and the parts I've long concealed. He has made me more conscious of my sin and even dissolved relationships with others that were apparent impediments to my growing closer to Him. While I didn't understand this at first, and endured some degree of pain in resisting the process, I'm now so very thankful for His impartation of vision and nurturing hand in my life. As is readily seen in the entirety of scripture, HaShem creates by division. Time from eternity. Light from darkness. Land from water. Woman from man. His people from all the earth. He separates to accomplish His more glorious end - and it's to our utmost benefit to perceive His methodology and embrace His direction.

The supernatural - that which is above the physical realm - permeates all and absolutely. The natural is contained within the supernatural - not the other way around. In other words, the supernatural is not only above the physical, natural realm, but below it, around it - enveloping it completely. We perceive only what we're able to see, hear, touch, smell and taste - failing to realize that physicality is actually contained within, suspended, and affected by that which we are unable to perceive - the metaphysical. As a fish that is completely surrounded by water, and guided by its various currents, is able to find sustenance, opportunity, benefit and community - while remaining very much oblivious to the water itself - so are we surrounded, suspended even, in the supernatural realm - so much so that we are unable to see it. We may swim - and swim well, but who can truly say which outcomes are derived of our own efforts and which of the current that sweeps us all along? The supernatural permeates, supports, and manifests all reality. It is the flow, the tempest, and the tide. Let us, this year, move that much closer to true perception of the realm in which all others are contained - that in which we live, and move, and have our being.

1 comment:

  1. wow! love this post Luke particularly that last paragraph. that should be a post all its own! going swimming~~~peace bro.

    ReplyDelete