2.27.2012

Talk to the Hand

Listen to Me, O Ya'akov, Yisrael, whom I have called: I Am He; I AM the First and I AM the Last. My own Hand laid the foundations of the earth, and My Right Hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together...Draw near to Me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there." And now the L-rd G-D has sent me, and his Spirit. This says the L-RD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Yisrael: "I AM the L-RD your G-D, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go." ~ Yeshayahu 48:12-13,16-17

2 comments:

  1. It seems to be a theme here with G-d, even since we started reading Exodus. The notion of a deity desiring for humanity to draw near to him. We even see it in this weeks parashat where He tells us again that he brought us out of Egypt specifically to dwell among us. And when you think about other gods of the nations, no where in history has a deity done that or had that mission concerning a people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, indeed, is a beautiful realization. Nowhere else in history do we find a deity that is concerned and compassionate towards their people. There is no god that hears, loves, rescues or redeems humanity, but the G-d of Israel. B"H!

      Delete