2.23.2012

Terumah

Adonai is so good to His People! As a few of you already know, I've been a part of the design team at Beth Israel for nearly a year now, as we've been building our new synagogue. From the layout of rooms and traffic flows, to the most detailed interior touches and all manner of aesthetic decisions, to our breathtaking new sanctuary - I've been honored to work with some of the most talented and hard-working people I've ever known - and right alongside my beloved, and visionary, Rebbitzin. It has been, understandably, a very challenging process, but the end result, as with most challenges, is well worth the effort. Exceedingly so! I can't even articulate the joy I'm feeling right now.

I just wanted to share an update (and a small explanation for my absence) with you, as well as give thanks to HaShem for blessing us in so many unimaginable ways. We're finally (completely) finished, and just recently moved in (this week). In fact, our very first services in the new building will be tomorrow and Shabbat. How fitting that the portion for this week is Terumah! Our G-d is astounding in every way - and He will move heaven and earth to dwell among His People!

"And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them." ~ Exodus 25:8

Shabbat shalom, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Amen dude, this new synagogue will bring so many opportunities for spiritual growth. I am so stoked about the Aron Kodesh! Thanks for all your help on the design team and I look forward to all the adventures we will have carrying the Torah in the Shabbats to come. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, it all turned out so beautifully. Adventure time, indeed. See you tonight, Swanny.

      Delete
    2. Rebbetzin just mentioned how this Shabbat will mark one year, one week, and one day since the day we first saw the property. She just thought that was neat. I wanted to explore that a bit futher, though. 365 + 7 + 1 = 373.

      373 is the Gematria for "Logos"! As well, it apparently shares a commonality with "Dbir", the Holy of Holies, phonetically...

      Delete
  2. My best wishes :)
    I don't remember anymore my account password or email but I am maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you again. Thanks so much, Maria!

      Delete
  3. Another way to look at it is 365 + 8 = 373
    The hebrew word "atsarah" has a gematria of 365 and is used to describe a religious assembly. And the hebrew letter "chet", 8, is the letter of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Swanny! Thanks for that. See you in two, my brother.

      Delete