6.19.2011

40 years

I never knew, for 40 years, that Jesus was not His real name. I did not know, for 40 years, that His real name is Yeshua. I did not know, for 40 years, that Yeshua is the "Word of God made flesh". Ten years ago, I learned my Savior is Jewish, He lived Jewish ways, kept His own holy festivals, walked and talked in His Father's commandments and commanded us to imitate Him. The traditions of the christian world is not the traditions that Yeshua kept. Even if they are blown out of proportion, the man made holidays that the world keeps do not belong to our LORD, and He never kept them. So if we want to be like Him, let us keep our Father's traditions that He gave us. They tell us of who Yeshua is, and what He has done, and what He is going to do in the future. I would rather spend one day in the courts of HaShem than a million in the palace of those who do away with all His traditions and keep those of any other god. Annette

Just like you, I lurk. And while lurking around some Messianic site (I believe it was an FFOZ page), I came across this comment left by "Annette", who I assume to be a woman with a typical Christian background - someone who learned about the Messiah completely in a "sanitized" Gentile bubble. Apparently, this bubble, void of a holistic, Hebraic understanding, enveloped her view of Messiah for the majority of her life. It saddens me that this seems to be the case for so many. So many years of scripture not quite making sense. So many years of missing out on all the beauty and meaning of the heritage Yeshua loved. So many years of not knowing His name. I know a lot of people were up in arms when The Passion of the Christ came out and I can understand why, but I was so excited about the world hearing the Messiah being referred to by His actual name, Yeshua. I mean, millions of people all over the world heard His name for the very first time when they saw that film. It makes me wonder how many studies commenced after the credits. How many people, in countries all over the world, went home and were unable to look at scripture the way they had before?

But yeah, I loved Annette's exuberance. It made me smile and I thought her comment deserved to be seen by a few more people. I still remember how fiery my own early days of discovery were. It's interesting how the excitement born of new revelations concerning Yeshua (and there are so many revelations to receive) never really goes away and can be so easily triggered within us when we witness someone else making similar discoveries. Here's to all the marvelous things G-d has yet to reveal to us, and so many others, concerning His Son, Yeshua.

Annette, I hope you're doing well, wherever you are, and if you should find this post some day, be sure to let us know you were here - and of your latest discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment