5.25.2011

Hurry, Friend!

Hasten, O Friend divine, the time of our love's renewal. Return to us in mercy. The wicked kings of the heathen lands have all but consumed us. Uproot and destroy them from our midst. Restore Your city and make us a people of song again. May the hour of our Redeemer draw near.

Hasten, O Friend, the time of redemption promised by the prophets. Lift from us the darkening shadows. Raise up and exalt a people that have long known insult and bestow on them wisdom, to teach and to cleanse the many nations. Reveal Your saving might. Proclaim the hour of redemption.

Hasten, O Friend, with the speed of a deer, to put an end to my imprisonment. I am ruined in captivity. For my crown of glory I yearn, and seek to return to the glorious Mountain. I am left without a leader or a prophet to restore me. Plead my cause. Remove my guilt and pain. Let my enemy see and be confounded. Let me announce to them that reproach me that my Friend has come. My Redeemer, my Beloved, my father's G-d.

For the sake of the ancestors, deliver their children and their children's children.
Blessed are You, O L-RD, Redeemer of Yisrael.

excerpt from the B'rah Dodi - 11th century

1 comment: