5.30.2011

Impaired

Father, blind me. Take my sight. Remove these scales I've called eyes. Cause me to see Your creation as You see it. Make me to stare, focus and wince at the things You do. Let the only light that enters my eyes be Your own. Let it fall on my face like rain. Let it illuminate going in and reflect going out. And let me see the world to be.

Father, deafen me. Fill my ears with the sound of the shofar, the voice of many waters, rocks crying out, and Your call, with which You wake the dead. Withhold from me frequencies that interfere with Your own and render me deaf to the gentle beckoning of those outside Your path. Let me hear Your cry for Your sons and daughters in a way that I will not forget.

Father, show me Your humanity, the part of Your image in which You have created me. Strip away the remainder. Cut away the flesh that restricts my legs from walking after You, my hands from resonating Your healing touch to others, my tongue from speaking Your words, and my heart from believing. Cast this excess so far from me that I never come across it again.

Father, show me Your reality and exchange it for my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment