5.17.2011

Repeat after Ruth

"Do not urge me to leave you or to turn back from following you. For wherever you go, I will go. And wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people and your G-d will be my G-d. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the L-rd do this to me, and even more, if anything but death should ever separate you and me."

~ Ruth, the Moabitess to Naomi, her Jewish mother-in-law (Ruth 1:16-17)

Let Ruth's words to Naomi be our words to the People Israel and to Judaism, our Messiah's faith and G-d's means of communicating His incredible plan of law, love and redemption to all mankind. We can be encouraged by Ruth's dedication, understanding that the Moabites had been utterly, and forever, excluded from the Congregation for their idolatrous ways and various schemes against Israel over the centuries. The fact that G-d accepted Ruth, allowing her to be the great-grandmother of King David (and ancestor of Messiah Yeshua!) is an unrivaled example of His acceptance of any that would join themselves to His Chosen People. While her resolve was unshakable, we can be certain that the path was not easy for Ruth - and it will not be easy for you, either. However, do not let anyone's ignorance or outright malice keep you from what G-d has laid on your heart. In your walk, you will experience plenty of both, but, like Ruth, let nothing short of death itself separate you from fellowship with and service to G-d's people, Israel. The reward is without measure and your Kinsman-Redeemer awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment